Historical Decor Made Easy!
The Fresco of Anuradhapura Canvas is a digitally printed canvas inspired by the paintings of Sigiriya fortress. It was a king's palace after which it was converted to a Buddhist monastery until the 14th century. The frescoes are thought to be sanctioned by said king. There's no doubt that they were used as a Buddhist monastery later on.
The original murals consist of about 500 women and are considered to be some of the most fantastic works made during their time! Today, the identification of these is almost impossible, making them perfect decor for your homes, offices, and restaurants. You can have a piece of history right by your side!
If you want to purchase a set of canvases to create a cohesive look, opt for Rock Fortress of Sigiriya Canvas! This set of two canvases will bring together your decor wonderfully! The second canvas of this gorgeous set is going to be the right purchase for you. Check out the Alluring Maidens of Sigiriya!
ABOUT the ART
These canvases have been inspired by the frescoes found in the rock fortress of Sigiriya. Located in Northern Matale District near the town of Dambulla in the Central Province of `Sri Lanka, this fort is of historical and archaeological significance. The same can be said for the paintings found on the walls and ceilings.
Many have said that the entire hill looks like a painting! The painting style used to create the frescoes are very unique. Every line is painted so that it can add volume to the figure. The wall art was created by putting pressure on one side of the stroke to add a deeper tone towards the edge. It has been tough to identify the women in these paintings, but one thing is for sure; the painting style may be similar to Anuradhapura paintings, but they are not the same.
SPECIFICATIONS and FEATUREs
- Dimensions: Small- 30cm, Medium- 40cm, Large- 50cm
- Material: Canvas
- Technique: Digital Printing
- Sold with Wooden Frame with Gold Ring Frame
- Matte Finish
- Available as Single and Set of Two Canvases
- Clean design and elegant look
- High quality
- Durable Art Work
- Handle with Care
Note: The color of the actual product may slightly vary from the images shown as the images are shot in different lighting.
GIFT BOX CONTAINS
The package that the Artment sends consists of the Fresco of Anuradhapura Canvas and the Rock Fortress of Sigiriya Canvas with a triple layering of bubble wrap and safely packed in a box.
- The Fresco of Anuradhapura Canvas is a beautiful addition to your Minimal or Modern style home or office decor
- It will go well with a subtle grey and white decor or for a bold look can be paired with darker backdrops
- Display the wall art on a plain wall to enhance the look of the space
- When paired with gold elements, the wall art shall become an eye-catching element of the decor
- The wall art is a perfect piece for your foyer arranged with wooden and natural accents
- Buy the entire set to elevate the look of your home decor or cafes and restaurants