Winters are amazing- because the nip in the air- especially in India- is a welcoming change. This is the season of weddings, parties, and general festivities and parties. Unless you are a teetotaller, trying your hand at making different cocktails can be a good skill in your hosting repertoire.
Always serving the same old whiskey and rum- whether it is on the rocks or with sprite can be monotonous. With the Covid scare far from over- house parties are all the more rage. Impress everyone while churning out some delicious cocktails right from your kitchen.
Apart from sourcing the right ingredients- glasses are the game changers when serving drinks. Just like wine is not drunk from a whiskey glass, the same goes with cocktails. We at The Artment understand your predicament and have prepared a guide just for your convenience. Try it to know it!
5 Cocktails that are easy to make and delicious
Dark and Stormy
Glass to be used: High Ball glass
The name itself is highly intriguing, and it sure does taste delicious but super easy to make.
- Freshly squeezed lime juice
- Ginger beer
- Lemon wedges for decoration
- Take a cocktail shaker, mix 2 ounces of rum and ½ ounce of lime juice, and give it a good shake (for 1 serving).
- Keep a high ball glass and ice ready.
- Pour ice in the glass, followed by the rum mix, and top it with the ginger beer.
- Garnish and serve
Color Changig Martini
Glass to be used: Martini Maze glass
This cocktail is sure to be a show stopper, and it will change how people perceive your skills at the bar! This cocktail will be the highlight of your party, and people will be milling to have one. It sounds fancy, but it is easy to make.
- Ginger liqueur
- Simple syrup
- b’Lure butterfly pea flower extract
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice- you can also freeze lemon juice as ice cubes (it adds an element of drama)
- Add 1.5 ounces of gin, 3/4th ounces of ginger liqueur, ½ ounces of simple syrup, and b’Lure butterfly pea flower extract in a cocktail shaker.
- Strain the cocktail in this quirky glass. Before serving, squeeze the lemon juice and see the magic happen!
- Stir and serve with panache!
Glass to be served in: Mason Jar
Lemonades are the best drinks to have on a summer day- but how to revive the humble lemonade for a night about the town- the spiked lemonade recipe is what you need to master not just for a party but also on days you need to want to chill on your own!
Mason jars are the right glasses to serve this drink in!
- Club soda
- Fresh lemon juice
- Lemon wedges
- Combine 2 ounces of vodka with one cup of club soda and sugar as per taste and ice.
- Shake it well.
- And serve in The Artment’s Mason jars.
And if you have kids at the party- you can serve chocolate milkshakes to them in mason jars as well!
Glass to be served in: Tip-Toe Shell drinking glass
The glass in itself is a conversation starter, and you can serve cognac and whiskey neat in them- and you will find no one complaining about it! But feeling adventurous and looking to dazzle people then the classic whiskey sour is what you can churn up in moments!
- Fresh lemon juice
- Fresh orange juice
- Sugar syrup
- In a shaker, mix all the ingredients:50 ml of bourbon, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and orange juice, and ½ tablespoon sugar syrup.
- Serve the drink and soak in the beauty of the winter night!
Glass to be served in: Clear ribbed gold-rimmed Red wine glass
Classics are classics for a reason, and Sangria is a favorite. It can be enjoyed throughout the year, but winters seem to enhance the taste of this cocktail!
- Red wine
- Orange juice
- Sugar syrup
- Sparkling water
- You can actually prepare this drink beforehand and then enjoy the evening without running to and fro.
- Mix all the ingredients in a large jug.
- Make sure you cut the fruits in bite-size water.
- Refrigerate the mixture for minimum 2 hours.
- Before serving, pour a measure of sparkling water.
For making cocktails- you need the ingredients and the right glassware. The Artment has an extensive collection of glassware and barware- choose one of the old-fashioned ones or a quirky glass and serve the drinks chilled.